Tuesday 14 October 2008

backstory

About two years ago I met a guy and fell in love with him.  At the same time, I was offered a job on a movie in London.  You have to understand...I have been trying for 15 years to find a way to live and work in Paris or London.  Here was my chance at last!

This guy was perfect -- smart, sexy, down to earth -- but he was just coming out of a five-year relationship and in the final push on his PhD.  We clicked immediately and I fell for him fast.  But at the time, I didn't know where I stood.  I was afraid I was a just his rebound guy.

I took the job and I expected us to break up.  But it turned out he was as into me as I was into him.  He applied for a fellowship in Paris.  We decided to try to and make a long-distance relationship work between L.A. and London.   We got through the first year, still in love, still together, but we were both miserable at being apart.

Then, he got the fellowship in Paris and moved the first of October.  Now we are commuting between London and Paris.   That's how it all happened...

No comments: